original language: french
last update: 10/04/2000
Who is DemoLinux?
By now, the DemoLinux projet is composed of 3 persons, all based at the
Paris VII University of Paris : Vincent
Balat, Roberto Di Cosmo and Jean-Vincent Loddo.
You will find more information on the DemoLinux project, and updates
For any comments, questions, and suggestion on this project,
please read the
FAQ and the
If you want to contact us directly,
please write to
Unfortunately, we can't answer all the e-mails, but we read them all.
- Bruno Bellamy (Logo and artworks)
- Juliusz Chroboczek (for the excellent Xvesa X server)
- Guillaume Cottenceau (Mandrakesoft: partition detection via signatures)
- Renzo Davoli (kernel patch for VirtualPC on MacIntosh)
- Gérard Delafond (Guide de survie DemoLinux)
- Pierre Letouzey (Dos boot mechanics)
- Hubert Mantel (SuSE) (linuxrc)
- David Monniaux (Modem detection)
- Thomas Pornin (2.2 kernel, vesafb)
- Dominique Quatravaux (Early prototype, ideas)
- Adam J. Richter (Transparent isofs compression)
- Ralf Treinen (help with debian packages)
- (Commercial Support)
- (CD-Writer etc.)
- Use of the Mandrake distribution
for the first version of DemoLinux.
- Sun Microsystems for the license to include StarOffice.